Full-page photos published on the Mac took around 2 minutes. Full-page duplicates required around 15 seconds and scans were similarly fast. Ink prices for the Pixma MG8220 are a bit on the pricey side for photos, and also downright hostile for text. The printer makes use of the $14 CLI-226 cartridges for the 5 image shades (cyan, magenta, yellow, photo black, as well as grey) and the $16 PGI-225 cartridge for black text. Other than the lack of an ADF, the Pixma MG8220’s paper- and also media-handling attributes are first-class. The bottom cassette holds 150 sheets, as does the rear vertical feed, which also offers to eliminate the sharp turn for heavy photo paper. A tray for printing specifically covered CDs and also DVDs is included; the tray feeds manually right into a slot above the result tray. The MFP likewise has a 35mm film and slide adapter, which lies on the reverse side of the detachable backing on the within the scanner lid.
On top of that, the Pixma MG8220 has front ports for SD and also Memory Stick cards, in addition to a USB/PictBridge port. Because this is a photo printer, we’ll play down that the black cartridge lasts for just 311 web pages a costly 5.1 cents each page. The color cartridges vary in returns, with the 3 major CMY cartridges lasting around 450 web pages, and also the image black as well as gray long-term a fair bit a lot more. Sparing you the mathematics, four-color web pages cost concerning 14.2 cents, as well as 4-by-6-inch photos set you back 23 cents. Place somewhat, message papers are expensive, while graphics as well as pictures are ordinary in expense. And also, you could print and also scan JPEG as well as PDF documents wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and also Android devices6 without a computer, and enjoy straight printing options from suitable memory cards7, USB Flash Drives8, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth devices.
Canon PIXMA MG8220 Ink Cartridge:
- PGI-225 Pigment Black Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Black Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Gray Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Magenta Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Yellow Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Cyan Ink Tank
Computer Operating System:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux.
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS®, Android, Windows RT
Canon PIXMA MG8220 Review Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 20 seconds10, Black: ESAT Approx. 12.5 ipm11, Color: ESAT Approx. 9.3 ipm11.
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 5,632 / Black: 512 / Total: 6,144.
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi3, Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi3
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter.
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper;Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss;Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper;Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper “Photo Rag” ™;Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope, CD/DVD: Printable Disc.
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets Cassette: 150 Sheets.
- Copy Speed (up to): COT(Color) Approx. 14 seconds11
- Printer Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing2, Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print5, Fun Filter Effects, Grayscale Printing, ID Photo Print, Smartphone Photo Printing, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing1.
- Copy Features: 4-in-1 / 2-in-1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Film Copy, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Intensity, Manual Color Adjustment, CD/DVD Label Copy, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios.
- Scanner Features: Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Film Scan, Gutter Shadow Correction, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory, White LED, Wireless Scanning.
- Media Card Support: Memory Card Support SD Memory Card, SDHC MultiMediaCard MultiMediaCard Plus miniSD Card, miniSDHC microSD Card, microSDHC RS-MMC USB flash memory Compact Flash Card Micro drive Memory Stick® Memory Stick PRO Memory Stick Duo™ Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Memory Stick Micro xD-Picture Card xD-Picture Card (Type M) xD-Picture Card (Type H).
- Software Included: PIXMA MG8220 Printer Driver Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM Easy-PhotoPrint EX Easy-Photo Print Pro Easy-WebPrint EX Full HD Movie Print MP Navigator EX Solution Menu EX.
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)1 Ethernet Hi-Speed USB8 Card Slots (See Memory Card Support)7 PictBridge (Cable not included) Bluetooth v2.0 (Optional).
- The first thing that you need to do is to put the CD driver of the Canon PIXMA MG8220 printer into your computer. You will be able to find the CD on the box package that you get when you buy the printer. If you have lost your CD driver, you can download the driver for the specific Canon PIXMA printer on the official site of Canon.
- After that, you will need to run the setup files from the CD driver. However, most of the time, the setup will run automatically when you put the CD driver in.
- The next screen will appear that will let you choose to pick the wireless setting or the USB setting. You know that you have to choose the wireless setting since that is what you want from this printer. Therefore, you should skip the USB setup on the installation for the wireless setting.
- A new screen will appear and tell you to turn on the printer before you can finally process the process that you are doing.
- Another screen will appear that will tell you to choose the connection setting. The first option is the WPS and the second one is the Cableless Setup. You will need to pick the second option of the Cableless Setup. If you are running on Windows XP, you will need to pick the Other Setup that is located on the lowest part of the screen.
- Once you pick the Cableless Setup, hold down the Wi-Fi button and wait until the alarm light blinks two times. After that, the Wi-Fi will blinks faster for a short time and you will be able to continue the installation process by clicking Next on your screen.
- After you do that, you just need to pick the region where you buy the printer. There are some region options that you can pick and you will need to pick the one that is true based on your location. The same thing is applied when you are choosing the country later on after you pick the region where you buy the printer.
- When everything is finished, you just need to agree on the terms and agreements. The wizard will automatically start the installation process and you just need to wait for the process to be finished. When the whole processes are finished, then you can use the wireless feature from your Canon PIXMA.
- For the start, you will certainly have to prepare everyone of things that you need such as the laptop, the printer, the USB cord that connects the printer to the laptop computer, as well as the CD Drivers. Make sure the USB cable television works with the USB slot in your laptop computer. If you lost the CD driver, then you can simply download the setup data from the main internet site of Canon. Make sure you download the one that fit your printer version.
- When you have actually prepared all those things, you just should just run the installment arrangement program that you already have, from the CD Driver or from the data that you downloaded.
- The following thing that you need to do is waiting on the whole procedure to be ended up. Throughout this time, you will be asked to pick some choices such as the components, the installment places, your name, as well as other things. See to it you fill the alternatives correctly.
- When the setup wizard is completed, your printer is ready to go. You need to start publishing a web page to earn certain that the printer has actually been efficiently installed.
- Download the file Driver MG8220.
- For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder.
- Installation starts automatically.
- Press the Menu button, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method, then press the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
Canon PIXMA MG 8220 Driver Download:
Canon MG8220 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon MG8220 series Mini Master Setup (Windows/Vista/XP)|
Canon MG8220series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56 (Windows/XP/Vista)
|Canon MG8220 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.10.0 (OS X )|
|Canon MG8220 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.0.0b (OS X )|
|Canon MG8220 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Mac)|
|Canon MG8220 ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (OS X )|
|Canon MG8220 Canon IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 (OS X)|
|Canon MG8220 series Linux IJ Printer Driver. Ver.5.80|
|Canon MG8220 series Linux ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00|